Friday, March 07, 2014

The Rest of February

February brought us even more snow, but we tried to make the best of it. Once, I even took my boys outside to PLAY in it for the last few minutes of light. Can you believe that?


Jude didn't last long. He said his feet hurt because he got snow in his boots, and was scared every time he got stuck in the deep stuff. But Josh was all over the place. He was determined to dig up treasure, specifically a certain shovel he knew was buried by snow somewhere in the yard. He only had an acre to cover. No big deal.


I made the mistake of laying down in the snow to try to form snowballs. When it's that deep, and you're that pregnant, it's exactly that difficult to get back up.


Our Smith friends invited us over for a little Olympic Opening Ceremonies event. We all brought food from different countries. Sarah made borscht in honor of Russia and it was GOOD. We brought Brazilian lemonade and pao de queijo.


On yet another snow day, I got a little ambitious and tried some extra activities with the boys, including making our own play dough and beanbags. Good use of fabric scraps.




Sometimes, watching Ninja Turtles can get a little intense.

And wrestling can get dramatic.


Snow days made potty training a little more convenient too. Jude did great, to my complete surprise and relief! (And don't try to tell me you don't love toilet pictures.)


1 comment:

MJG said...

I have no idea how I originally found your sweet little blog, but I've been following it for over 3 years (Chicago days/since before Jude was born) I'm so excited to hear about Snow Baby Numero Tres! Also have a couple of questions for you regarding piano :) Hope your darling little family of 5 is doing well <3

-Monique