Friday, December 05, 2014

Dowdle Weekend

This beautiful lady is my Amber. She and her family were our good friends in Chicago, and they moved to Indiana last year, only four hours away!  They actually lived in Midland with us that first summer of internships in 2010. We are so glad they came to visit in September. We ate good food, went to the apple farm, had grown-up conversation, and spent two days watching our kids love on each other. That Dowdle family -- they just make us happy!




These tiny boys were born just a week apart in Chicago. Will has the cutest voice you will ever hear.




These two boys in the car are hilarious. Aiden is a few years older than Josh and is a great influence. He encourages Josh to think about the more important things in life. Like fossil fuels. Seriously.


Between great outbursts of laughter, I would overhear them having conversations like this, while staring wistfully out the window:

Aiden: "Don't you wish that solar powered cars were invented so we didn't have to burn fossil fuels?"
Josh: "Yeah. I do."

OR

Aiden: "Did you know that if you want to buy a car, you can just go to the car lot and buy one?"
Josh: "Hm. How much money do cars cost? I have like $23."


I love them. All of them. These little kids are just perfect together. And I see that I don't have many photos of Avery, but that little girl is a goddess. A goddess! The boys still ask if we can go visit Aiden's house almost every week.


Add the Dowdles to the list of things we will miss horribly when we leave the Midwest. I don't even want to think about it right now!

No comments: