Friday, December 05, 2014

Liz and Ludington

Okay, I'm facing the fact that I will be catching up on this blog for my whole entire life.

This post is about my friend Liz visiting and a family trip to Ludington, simply because both those things start with the letter L and they happened in the same month. It's a post mash-up. Two favorites at once!


Liz had a baby with me in March and then just walked out a few months later. Can you believe that? Rude. What does California have that I don't have? 

She came back to visit family in August and stayed in our guest room for a few nights with her perfect little baby Mila. Adele and Mila were born in the same hospital about 24 hours apart. They've literally been friends since birth.


Matt watched the kids so Liz and I could go out one night with the Relief Society ladies. He was really proud of this selfie.



Count on Liz to always bring her camera. She was generous with her skills and took some quick family shots for us.








Thank you for visiting, Liz and Mila! We miss you!

I think it was the next week that we went to Ludington as a family. The kids were begging to take Matt to that hotel we visited with Uncle Steven. It was so nice to just put life on pause for 24 hours in the middle of such a busy summer.






After the beach, we went back to the hotel pool. Matt swam with the boys while Adele and I put our feet in the hot tub and made faces at each other.







Playground and free warm cookies in the lobby after pool time.




A big favorite at the hotel is the arcade room. The Pac Man game was malfunctioning a little, so we got to play a bunch of games in a row for the price of one. Josh could have stayed right there all day long.



Sometimes my baby and I wear hot pink together. It's for fun.



The day we left was cloudy and drizzly, so we did arcades, playground, and horseshoes before driving home. It was a quick getaway, but exactly what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Glenn said...

I feel so famous! We miss you too!!