Friday, April 30, 2010
Who needs a dishwasher?
Josh has spent the entire last HOUR standing on a chair in front of the kitchen sink "doing the dishes". It was a his idea. He pushed a chair over and climbed up on his own. I'm not even in the same room. Every once in a while I go over and try to tempt him with breakfast. (Nope, he hasn't even eaten yet and he's been up for almost three hours. Just too busy, I guess. SO opposite of me.) I've been waiting for a chance to take him to the zoo or the beach, and today is nice and warm, but he won't have it. He would rather stay home and pretend to wash dishes. Should I consider myself lucky?
Right now, he's in his own little world making scrubbing noises with his mouth and commenting on all the different dishes he fills up with water (and sometimes throws on the floor). He knows all about the drying rack, too, making sure to put all the "clean" silverware in its proper compartment.
Oh man...He just walked over to me all concerned because he suddenly noticed that his big white T-shirt and sweatpants are absolutely SOAKED. And he took them off all by himself! What is this?! He's growing up way too fast!
(By the way, all these pictures are actually from a few weeks ago. I was too lazy to get the camera out this morning.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a stud! I say you can never start to early on letting the men do the dishes. :) I just can't get over how quickly he is growing and developing. I am glad we get to see and be a part of this time in his life.
Post a Comment