I figure it's time for a Snowbaby #2 update. Here's the status so far.
I am currently 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant. The baby's due date is March 21, and I have scheduled a c-section for March 14th (39 weeks). He is a crazy, crazy kicker. We've started calling him "Pele", like the Brazilian futbol player. I think I'm going to have another very active little Joshua, which would be wonderful and tiring. Honestly though, if this baby turns out to be just like Josh, I would feel extremely blessed. Because even though he wasn't the perfect baby, I was in love enough to think he was.
Baby has officially dropped. We are getting closer! Ten days until my parents come and thirteen days until we meet the baby. March 14th will be the first day of Matt's finals week, but luckily he has no scheduled tests and can get all his final work in before we leave for the hospital. Then the next week is spring break, so we'll have two great weeks at home with the new baby before Matt returns to school life.
I'm ready. So so so so so ready. All the clothing and baby equipment is washed and in drawers next to my bed. Diapers have been ordered. Binkies and bottles and pumps have been sterilized. We are set. Just look at all the outfits we have leftover from Baby Joshua.
I'm ready.
Ready to have this baby out of me.
Ready to be able to curl up in a ball to give my back some relief.
Ready to find a way to be comfortable again for more than thirty seconds at a time.
Ready to be not quite so emotionally unstable.
Ready to give my husband a tight hug without a belly in the way.
Ready to pick up my son again without everything hurting.
Ready to fit into clothes again. ANY clothes.
Ready to be babied and taken care of.
Ready to go more than two hours without needing to pee.
Ready to have a better excuse for my house to be a mess.
Ready to feel attractive to my husband again.
Ready to lay flat on my tummy.
Ready for a really, really hard workout that actually accomplishes something.
Last time I was pregnant, this far along, I made a list of things I loved about pregnancy so that I could focus on those things instead of the discomforts. Wasn't I a good person back then?
13 days and counting.


3 comments:
holy 13 days!
You sure are ready! Way to go. I think you forgot about C-section recovery pain in your good-feeling readies... but it too will pass. And the less frequent trips to the bathroom and getting babied make up for the wait for the rest!
Well, I have to admit that I'll be sad to not see your cute pregnant belly, but beyond that, I'm super excited to get that baby cookin'.
We need to be playing it up to keep you distracted for these next couple of weeks. And I definitely agree that if this baby is half of what Josh is, we'll all love him to pieces.
Post a Comment