March 25 -- Used my cute new diaper bag that Matt's mom sent me in the mail. It has a million pockets, and can fit full-sized books -- coloring books, quiet books, songbooks -- so it was perfect. Thanks, Cheri!March 26 -- Watched Tosh.0 with Matt. Definitely a guy show.
March 27 -- Started reading The Friend magazine with Josh. He was so interested in the stories and excited that there was a magazine just for kids! We also printed a bunch of worksheets to get ready for General Conference. He's a fan because he gets to play listening games with candy prizes.
March 28 -- Bought last minute plane tickets to visit family. I have NEVER done this, being a total cheapskate and a mother who needs to have adequate prep time before trips. But I felt different this time. For some reason, I know it will be worth the extra cost and stress.
March 29 -- Saw The Hunger Games with Matt. We both read the books and were excited to see how the story would translate into a movie. I think maybe I got my hopes up to high, because I came out of the theater just feeling weird. Somehow reading about all the violence did not affect me the way seeing it did. I didn't get emotional because I couldn't get into it and believe what was happening enough to feel connected. I just felt weird, like I had no desire to see it again. I also think it would be hard to enjoy and understand for someone who hadn't read the first book.
March 30 -- Tried on a new purple dress I ordered from Kohl's. Winner!
March 31 -- Played some new Conference games with Josh while we listened. Also finished off a delicious chocolate caramel tart that Matt made. Mmm...scrumptrulescent!

3 comments:
I have that diaper bag! I got it before Linnea was born because I needed something a little bigger. No complaints so far!
Love the bag---oh my gosh, love it. And felt the exact same about Hunger Games. Meradith went to see it and during the movie I got a text from her that said, "I'm hiding in the bathroom, Nessa! I can't go back in there!" Haha
We just started getting the Friend and Leah has been over the moon about it! We are living parallel lives! Except yours is way better!
Oh yeah... remember that Tosh. O clip we all saw together at our place? Yeah... I do, too...
Post a Comment