Monday, April 30, 2012

Try Something New: Week 17


April 22 -- Watched an episode of Sherlock Holmes. There's a pretty good BBC series out there, starring Benedict Cumberbatch (yes, that's a real name). It's supposedly more true to the original stories, but set in modern times. We really like it so far.

April 23 -- Went to see The Lucky One with my friend Melissa. But you already know how I feel about that from my last post.

April 24 -- Gave my first official piano lesson to my first student here in Midland! I have been waiting so long for the day I would have my own piano, in my own home, with my own special room for piano lessons. This is really exciting for me.

April 25 -- Opened up the Topsy Turvy tomato planter my mother-in-law got me years ago, and actually planted something! I put two small tomato plants in that little contraption. filled it with soil and plant food...then realized my house has not a single place I can hang it. No wooden beams to screw the hook into! Still working on figuring this out.

April 26 -- Sent Josh to work with Matt for a couple hours. It was Take-Your-Kid-To-Work Day, and he had such a fun time. I am furious that no pictures were taken in the office! This holiday was always a fake one to me when I was little. No one actually got to go with their parents to work. That idea was preposterous! Did any of you actually get to participate in this when you were growing up? I think it's awesome.

April 27 -- Tried a new recipe: toffee chocolate chip bars. They are yummy, and something different. As usual, I've been eating some with every meal, and in between.

April 28 -- Read a new article, which I found posted by a friend on Facebook. (That's right, I've been using Facebook this week. Are you proud of me for trying to improve my long-distance social life?) This article is about Mitt Romney, explaining the religious garments he wears, hopefully proving that it is a non-issue in the election. The author does a really good job of explaining it clearly, and being a Latter-day Saint myself, that matters to me.

1 comment:

Mike and Melissa said...

Sherlock Holmes is awesome!